Plant power: three superstar botanicals that your body will love
Nourish your skin, hair and body with the power of botanicals and NAE’s organic, plant-based ingredients.
Even those traditionally associated with cooking, such as thyme and olive oil, have the power to do wonders for our skin.
Nature’s gifts, grown and kissed by the Mediterranean sun, are the reason why Italian women seem to radiate with a classic, eternal beauty. The occasional glass of red wine doesn’t hurt either.
At least 97 % of N.A.E. ingredients come from natural origins and all of N.A.E.’s products are certified organic. You’ve probably seen these listed plants at one point in your kitchen. Now learn why N.A.E. is championing these organic ingredients.
1. Thyme and Rosemary
Thyme and rosemary aren’t just for seasoning your favourite Italian dishes. Both herbs have a long history in natural remedies and cosmetics. The ancient Romans used the herbs to stimulate digestive functions, for example.
Aromatic thyme is also known for its purifying properties and effective use against odour-producing bacteria. The Romans knew this and used thyme to freshen their rooms. Thyme also symbolises courage. In Europe in the Middle Ages, women would give knights gifts that included thyme leaves, to bring them courage.
Known for their brisk scents, both thyme and rosemary are featured in the Freschezza line. The refreshing shower gel will leave your body invigorated as it gently cleanses. You’ll step out of the shower like you’ve just taken a stroll through one of Italy’s organic herb gardens.
In cosmetics, thyme naturally regulates sebum production, but it’s also rich in essential oils, which prevent the skin from drying out. This makes it an excellent ingredient in skincare for people with oily skin.
Rosemary is also known to purify the skin. This herb, sacred to the Romans, can help tone and reinvigorate dull skin. As far as other uses go, the Romans created a herbal tonic out of rosemary, perhaps for digestion.
Ultimate DIY Italian hair tip: rosemary and olive oil hair mask
1. Stir dried ½ a cup of dried rosemary and ½ a cup of Italian olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes. Be sure not to let it boil.
2. Turn heat off and leave the mixture to sit for 20 minutes so the rosemary can infuse with the oil longer.
3. Strain the rosemary from the mixture and then apply the olive oil to your dry hair. Wrap your hair in a shower cap and leave it to absorb for 20 minutes.
4. Lastly, wash your hair with shampoo, air dry and enjoy your sleek soft new hair!
Related products: Freschezza
The refreshing line, including shower gel, liquid hand soaps and deodorant.
Roses are valued for more than their beauty and scent. For centuries, roses have not only beautified homes and enriched poems with their symbolism of love and romanticism, they have also been used in traditional medicine for their ability in stimulating digestion and their relaxing and anti-fatigue properties.
N.A.E. uses organic Rosa Damanscena water in the Purezza cleaning line for its toning and soothing effect. Rose water can help calm irritated skin, heal scars and burns, enhance your mood and relieve headaches. Rose water is far more gentle than its concentrated essential oil equivalent and although some types of rose water naturally contain rose oil, the oil is very finely dispersed through the water, making it less intensive.
N.A.E.’s gentle formulas will leave your skin soft and scented with the subtle fragrance of rose. Let Purezza whisk you away to the luxurious rose gardens of Rome and Florence!
Not only are roses fantastic for your skin, they can also do wonders in boosting your immune system, reducing stress and improving digestion. Try this easy DIY rose tea and notice the difference it might have on you.
Easy DIY tip: Fresh Rose Petal Tea
1. Rinse 1.5 cups of freshly picked rose petals with lukewarm water to remove any dirt. Note: aim to use roses from your own garden to avoid pesticides. Otherwise you can substitute fresh rose petals with dried ones.
2. In a small saucepan, place the petals and 3 cups of water over medium-high heat. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes or until the petals become discoloured. Mix every so often to help release the rose petals’ properties.
3. Remove from heat and strain the tea into cups. You can sweeten it with honey or enjoy it as is
Purezza facial cleansers