Olive oil – universal beauty ingredient
All-round beauty with liquid gold
Olive oil not only tastes great and is super-versatile for the cucina – it’s an all-round beauty treatment, too, for your hair, face and body – in fact, it’s one of the oldest Italian beauty secrets. Syphon off some of your culinary organic olive oil to store in the bathroom – and follow our tips!
Soften your strands
Just before you wash your hair, pour a teaspoon of olive oil into your hands, rub them together, including fingertips, and coat your strands in the oil.
If you have a dry scalp, give yourself a soothing head massage with your fingertips. This will help moisturise the skin on your head and help release tension to relax you. The massage will boost circulation and lift the hair roots, too – serving the effect of more volume.
Leave the oil on your hair/scalp for 10 minutes and then wash and condition as usual.
Ideally air-dry your hair, but if you must blow-dry it, smooth a little N.A.E. Universal Cream on the ends and keep the hairdryer on a cooler setting. Notice how soft and shiny your capelli are, thanks to the extra hydration and care from olive oil.
All skin types can benefit from exfoliation now and then. A gentle scrub for your face is easily achieved by mixing a little olive oil with fine-grain sugar. Apply the mix to your face, including under your jawline, and massage in gently to remove any uneven dry skin, even dead cells which are invisible to the naked eye. Rinse off first with lukewarm then with cold water to close the pores. Your skin will feel pampered, soft and hydrated.
Smooth your body
Your body and senses can also benefit from a once-a-week scrub made with olive oil. The skin on your body can cope with rougher grains for your scrub. Traces of body cream, tanning lotion, or environmental grime can all be effectively removed with this all-natural beauty solution:
1. Mix a few tablespoons of sea salt with organic olive oil to a thick paste in a small dish.
2. In the morning: To invigorate your senses, squeeze in organic lemon juice and mix well.
3. In the evening: To relax you, add either lavender oil or some fresh lavender petals – press in the latter with back of a spoon and mix into the paste. The scent will help you sleep like a bambino!
4. Massage the mix well into your skin – a little firmer over elbows and knees. Before you wash the mix from your hands, rub them together for an instant softening effect.
5. Rinse off each type of scrub well under a warm shower. Pat skin dry with a soft towel and enjoy your “new” skin and the boost to your senses.
Soothe your soles
Your feet will enjoy a good scrub now and then and, as skin is naturally thicker here, you can get a little tougher!
1. Crush 2 tbsp of linseeds in a small bowl
2. Pour on 1 tbsp of olive oil and mix well
3. Apply to the base of each foot, rubbing vigorously around the heels and any hard skin patches.
4. Rinse off and pat dry – then treat your heels and toes to some wonder cream containing natural olive oil. N.A.E. Universal Creamfor instance, is an all-in-one superfood for both skin and hair. Post-exfoliation, this rich cream will soak even more easily into your feet, making them feel soft and pampered – and the foot massage will calm your mind for pleasant dreams!